INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT (Wetaskiwin Campus)
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DIPLOMA
FACULTY OF BUSINESS, ENVIRONMENT, AND TECHNOLOGY
This is a part-time (0.5 FTE), 7 month TERM position commencing August 2019 to April 30, 2020.
Our students come to us with the goal of improving the quality of life for themselves as well as for those around them. Are you looking for an opportunity to help them achieve that goal? If so, consider joining the NorQuest College team as an Instructional Assistant for the Business Administration Program. You will facilitate student learning in the classroom and provide feedback on their overall performance.
- Contribute to the achievement of Faculty and Program goals
- Plan and prepare for computer lab assistance by working through all materials presented in class prior to instruction
- Participate in faculty/staff meetings, professional development workshops and other College functions
- Provide student support on academic matters
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Committed to active student learning
- Ability to work independently
- Business Administration Diploma required or Degree with a Major or Minor in Business
- Minimum 3 years of experience teaching/facilitating and/or working in the field preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Experience working with International Students an asset
- Demonstrated professional conduct and human relations skills
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Publisher), Sage 50 accounting software and various accounting/business concepts.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of diverse academic and cultural backgrounds of students
- This position is to support students at the Wetaskiwin Campus.
- This is a term position with a possibility of extension.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2019-2426
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document - HERE
NOTE: Notification of receipt will be sent only to online applicants.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.