BUSINESS INSTRCUTOR (Wetaskiwin Campus)
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DIPLOMA
FACULTY OF BUSINESS, ENVIRONMENT AND TECHNOLOGY
This is an 11 month term, full-time position commencing August 2019 - June 30, 2020.
Do you have a passion for sharing your knowledge and education? Are you looking for a teaching opportunity in an environment that encourages, challenges and supports you?
NorQuest College invites applications for two Full Time Term Instructor positions in the dynamic and fast-paced Business Administration Diploma. The successful candidate will have experience in knowledge transfer, developing course materials and delivering content, instructing and evaluating students, leading engaging class discussions and bringing workforce relevancy into the classroom.
If you have education and experience in the Business Administration field and are enthusiastic about a new teaching opportunity, NorQuest College has an exciting career opportunity for you!
- Teach College-Level courses such as Business Communications, Micro and Macroeconomics, Business Math, Intro to Accounting, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resources Management, and other general business courses.
- Contribute to the achievement of Faculty and Program goals
- Stay current with developments in your field by participating in professional organizations and conferences
- Plan and prepare materials for class instruction
- Instruct and evaluate the learning experience of the students
- Maintain student and program records in accordance with College requirements
- Curriculum development
- Serve on College academic committees that deal with institutional polices and departmental items
- Participate in faculty/staff meetings, professional development workshops, graduation ceremonies and other College functions
- Lead and moderate classroom discussions
- Evaluate and grade student’s class work, assignments and exams
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities to meet student’s needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABIILTIES:
- Knowledge transfer
- Preparing and delivering course materials
- Instructing and evaluating students
- Leading engaging class discussions
- Bringing workforce relevancy into the classroom
- A related Master’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience teaching and working in the field preferred
- Experience working with International Students an asset
- Demonstrated professional conduct and human relations skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work independently
- Committed to active student learning, integrating technology into curriculum and providing engaging lectures
- Able to demonstrate understanding of diverse academic and cultural backgrounds of students
- This position is for full-time instruction at the NorQuest College Wetaskiwin Campus
- This position also includes immediate participation in our comprehensive pension and benefits plan.
- This is a term position with a possibility of extension.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document - HERE
NOTE: Notification of receipt will be sent only to online applicants.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.