Canada’s first commercialized urban farming franchise! Looking to supply the local market with aromatic herbs, crispy kale and world class leafy greens that are both nutritious and truly local with a focus on food safety.
This start-up is located in Leduc, Alberta and is looking for vibrant individuals to round out the creative marketing team.
Marketing & Communications Manager
The Production Artist will be responsible for typesetting design layouts, updating web pages as required, updating social/digital media as required. These projects will include packaging labels, marketing pieces for print and digital purposes, web maintenance, social media maintenance and internal communications. The production artist will work closely with the Marketing & Communications manager when executing projects to ensure content accuracy and adhere to brand standards. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, the production artist will demonstrate the ability to multitask and problem solve with acute attention to detail.
Needs a go-getter who can manage their tasks without need for constant supervision.
• Typesetting translated ingredient panels and labels on packaging designs
• Resizing and adjusting marketing material layouts (collateral, ads, posters, etc) to integrate translated copy
• Apply style/brand guides to existing distributor & retailer marketing materials.
• Work collaboratively with members of the marketing team to ensure content is accurate and on brand
• Technical ability to make files press ready for print and have a working understanding of layout for print and web
• Manage and prioritize multiple projects and priorities with very short timeframes and under high pressure
• Although the job is technical in nature there may be opportunities for creative input and design exploration.
• College or University degree or diploma in Graphic Design or a related field of study.
• 2-3 years of experience in the Graphic Design/Print Press field in a production role
• In-depth knowledge of design related software applications (Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat).
• Strong understanding of typesetting, art and production terminology.
• Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles.
• Excellent personal initiative, organizational and project management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills between multiple levels and with diverse audiences.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
• Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards.
• Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from others.
• Acute attention to detail.