Department Manager, Full time
Seasons Wetaskiwin Retirement Community
5430 - 37A, Wetaskiwin, AB
The Company. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you
are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the place or you.
Simply put, it feels
great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
We offer complete training to right fit candidates.
· Registered Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Share Program
· Group discounts on home and auto insurance
Has a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in the seniors housing or hospitality industry;
· Ability to relate to all levels of staff, the residents and their families, and other
professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance;
· Initiative, good judgment and supervisory abilities;
· Successful completion of a financial management or book keeping diploma or certificate; OR
Provide initial face-to-face and telephone contact with visitors.
· Provide support to the General Manager for public relations, service team member
relations and resident care aspects of the operation of the community;
· Sets up Depositor Information Packages & sets up new resident files;
· Respond to queries from potential residents, family members and friends as required;
· Sorts incoming mail daily for distribution to residents and departments and manages
· Work with the Leasing Manager on a daily basis to ensure Salesforce is accurate and
remains current with numbers
· Co-ordinates meetings and scheduled appointments as required;
· Effectively maintains inventory of office supplies
Maintains a complete set of accounting records in the community;
· Provides notices of resident increases
· Prepares bank deposits;
· Maintains daily records.
Oversees and co-ordinates concierge/reception service team members;
· Acts as a counselor to staff in the area of performance management and reports any
difficulties to Employee Services and Resident and Guest Services;
· Is responsible for understanding policies and procedures and legislation relating
to disciplinary matters within the community and must be familiar with the
terms of any Collective Agreement/Association Agreement;
· Is aware of employees and supervisor’s responsibilities and follows all health and
safety policies and procedures;
· Maintains current knowledge of information required by various government or other
agencies regarding residents.
· Actively pursues formal and informal continuing education for both the maintenance and
upgrading of professional and managerial confidence;
· Demonstrates accountability for her/his own actions;
About Wetaskiwin: Nestled in one of the oldest cities in Alberta, Seasons Wetaskiwin is a retirement home that is a short drive to Wetaskiwin Hospital and Care Centre, shopping and community amenities.
Competitive wages & benefits packages
· & referral programs
· Opportunities for on-the-job training
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and
welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s
Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of
Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.