Shipper/Receiver/Inventory Control Position | Full-time
VGN has an immediate opening for a Shipper/Receiver/Inventory Control Person to join our team. This is a full-time permanent position. The position is responsible to accept, send, and record the movement of supplies, and products by verifying information of incoming and outgoing shipments and will assist with the overall function of the department ensuring a high-quality client service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare outgoing packages for shipment – choose appropriate container and packaging material to ensure package is secure, and delivered with contents intact
- Help / Oversee the creation of Min / Max and product reorder system
- Help / Oversee the continued (Daily / Weekly) updating of inventory; both consumable items and harvested, sampling and waste produce
- Contact required courier / trucking service for pick-up of packages according to shipping requirements
- Complete the outgoing package by preparing bill of lading, and shipping orders
- Receive incoming shipments, compare information on the packing slip to the purchase order and inspect incoming shipments for verification of goods delivered. Report discrepancies or damages to incoming shipments to Purchaser
- Tally, identify, record and submit completed reports of incoming raw materials
- Perform data entry, ensuring a high degree of accuracy
- Complete inventory transfer sheets when materials are moved from inventory to departments
- Load and unload goods from delivery trucks. Operate forklift or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
- Route and deliver incoming packages to appropriate department
- Keep yard, shop floors and work areas clean at all times and promote good housekeeping practices
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to all Health and Safety and Quality Management initiatives
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
A minimum of 2 years of previous shipping /receiving experience is required, preferably in a plant environment. The candidate must have good organizational and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work in a self-directed manner. The candidate must be proficient in English. Basic computer skills and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and email required.
Must be fully proficient in stand-up forklift operation.
The ability to work in a moderately physically-demanding environment is required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes: regularly lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs., walking for long distances, standing for extended periods of time, bending, twisting, kneeling, squatting, performing repetitive tasks for extended periods of time.
Transportation: Transportation from Edmonton or around Leduc is available via bus but does not come direct to our building, see Leduc transit for closest route.